Friday, February 11, 2011

Top Five Sports Professions I Would Never Retire From.....

jazzTopStory_jerry1000.jpg

Yesterday another veteran coach gave in to the current day situation with the torn relationship between players and those who are hired to make them better at their craft. Jerry Sloan stepped down from a position he has held with the Utah Jazz since I was six years old. The 23 year veteran head coach of the Utah Jazz finished with 1,221 career wins. There are currently 40 NBA players who were not even born when Sloan took over the head coaching position on December 9, 1988, and Derrick Rose was all but two months old that day.



Whether or not you believe in the stories of a rift between Sloan and superstar point guard Deron Williams, the point is Sloan stepped down from a job that he surely had until he did not want it anymore. In fact during his press conference yesterday, Sloan said:



"Again, I've been blessed. Today is a new day. When I get this over with, I'll feel better. My time is up and it's time to move on."



The retirement of Jerry Sloan got me to thinking. I do not necessarily want to dive into the meaning of his retirement or if Sloan stepping down shows us that no coach is safe from a player controlled league like the NBA. Sloan stepping down got me thinking if there are jobs in sports that I would never retire from.



CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.....

No comments: