Friday, August 13, 2010

Should Cubs Fans Support The White Sox Down The Stretch?

3520143430_928119c0d1.jpg
Here is another reason why I am such a fan of Twitter. While watching the White Sox fall for the second time in three days to their arch rival with my wife who was more concerned with updating her facebook status,

I got into a real interesting conversation on the social network involving my 613 followers and one Joe Cowley of the Chicago Suntimes. The debate was about the attendance issues at US Cellular Field for the much hyped Twins/White Sox series.

The conversation started with Cowley tweeting the following:

Cowley Tweet.JPG


Now Joe Cowley has been covering the Chicago White Sox for several years now both with the Chicago Suntimes and the Daily Southtown (now dubbed "The Southtown Star" owned by Suntimes Media). I was confused by what Joe meant with this 140+ character opinion. Should Cubs fans really drop their season and team on the north side of town and fill the Cell to watch winning baseball in Chicago?

This age old argument had a new twist to me, should Chicago come together twice during the year....Bears season, and baseball season?

No comments: