Monday, November 30, 2009

Brian Urlacher Puts His Foot In His Mouth Once Again....

urlacher.jpg
Surfing the web this morning came across an article written by Yahoo! Sports' Michael Silver (@RealMikeSilver) about spending the weekend with Chicago Bears Linebacker (and Old Spice spokesman) Brian Urlacher. Urlacher's season ended after injuring his right wrist in the first game (loss) of the season against the Green Bay Packers.

While watching a bunch of NFL games at brother Casey Urlacher's condo, the six-time pro bowler made this comment about Jay Cutler and the struggles of the Chicago Bears offense.

""Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

Maybe I am mistaken, but the way I read this quote it seems to me either one of two things could come out of this.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like I'm in the minority when I say that I don't think Urlacher's comments were that bad. He's right. The Bears' identity has changed from run-first to pass-first, which would be fine if they had even one bonafide receiver. There is absolutely no offensive identity right now. Just 20 interceptions.

Urlacher has never given great interviews; he always comes off as a gorilla. Knowing that, these comments really don't seem like a big deal. I know I've said worse about Jay Cutler. We all have.